Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Make Your Own Pumpkin Pie Soymilk: Vegan MoFo

Here I am three days into Vegan MoFo with no posts to show for myself. I'm neck deep in writing a Very Important Document for a Very Important Deadline for my PhD (not my thesis yet, thankfully), so, needless to say, Jeff and I have been eating a lot of pasta lately. Then on Monday, I got my braces adjusted, so now I've been eating a lot of mushy pasta. And soup. :)

Inspired by this recipe for a pumpkin pie shake, I bring you a recipe for the much simpler pumpkin pie soymilk. I think it's a somewhat less sweet version of the stuff Silk makes, but way more delicious.

Pumpkin Pie Soymilk


Pumpkin Pie Soymilk
Into your blender add:
1/2 cup pumpkin puree (canned or homemade)
Soymilk up to the 2 cup line
2 tbsp maple syrup (more if you have a sweet tooth or are using unsweetened soymilk)
Sprinkle of ground cloves
Sprinkle of ground ginger
Sprinkle of nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon

Blend until smooth. Feel free to add more of any ingredient after tasting. The best thing about recipes is playing with them until you discover what works best for you!

Until next time... enjoy the Vegan Month of Food!




4 comments:

  1. this is a perfect idea to use up any leftover pumpkin puree from other recipes... sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful! I bought a carton of the Pumpkin Spice Silk last week, and was kind of disappointed - too sweet, and not pumpkin-y enough. Waa! I'll try your recipe instead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished off a carton of the Silk Pumpkin Spice Soymilk, and am looking forward to making this homemade version... which I'm sure is even better ;).

    ReplyDelete