Mushrooms and Collards in Lemon Pepper Sauce
6 Mushrooms, sliced
1 Small Onion, chopped
3 Cloves Garlic, minced
3 Stalks Celery, chopped
1 Bunch Collard Greens, chiffonaded
2 Generous Pinches Red Pepper Flakes
1 Tbs. Olive Oil
1/2 C Veggie Broth
1 Tbs. Vegan Margarine
1 Tbs. Lemon Juice
- Saute mushrooms, onion, garlic and celery in a pan with the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the red pepper flakes and mix thoroughly.
- While these ingredients are sauteing, wash and chiffonade the collard greens.
- When the mushrooms look cooked and the onion is translucent, add the collard greens and veggie broth.
- Cover and let simmer for ~8 minutes or until the collard greens are tender.
- Uncover and add the margarine and lemon juice.
- Cook for ~5 minutes on low or until most of the liquid has cooked off.
Unfortunately, there are no pictures to describe how tasty this recipe was. By the time we realized that this recipe was a hit for the blog, we were already halfway through lunch.