Sunday, November 27, 2011
Posted by AJP at 2:43 PM
After over two years using Blogger, I recently decided to buy some web hosting space, and, among other things, register a new domain for this here blog. Maybe it will even motivate me to update more often with recipes and book reviews!! The new link is: http://www.vegtopia.net/ Remember to update your RSS feed, as this one will no longer be updated. Our Facebook page will remain the same. Hope to see you soon at our new URL!
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
Posted by AJP at 6:49 AM
Apple Sage Stuffed Squash
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 tbsp olive oil
1 apple (golden delicious or other tart apple), diced
1/4 cup raisins (optional)
generous pinch of dried sage
1/2 loaf of stale bread, cubed
2 cups vegetable broth
1 acorn squash, halved and seeded
- Preheat oven to 350 oF.
- Saute onion and garlic in 2 tbsp olive oil until translucent.
- Add apple, raisins and sage to the skillet. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the bread to soak up the savory oils and stir in pan to coat.
- Add the vegetable broth to the skillet. Simmer for 5 minutes until most of the broth is absorbed or cooked off.
- Rub the halved and seeded acorn squash with 2 tbsp olive oil, and pack the cavity with the stuffing.
- Place the squash on a baking sheet and loosely cover with foil.
- Bake the squash 30-40 minutes or until squash is tender (can easily be pierced with a fork.)
- Serve with your favorite vegan gravy.