Friday, July 23, 2010

Vacation!

Not that I post terribly often, but Jeff and I will be on vacation for the next two weeks. We're going on a cruise with my parents, sister and brother in law to the Caribbean. I've cruised many times before, as an omnivore, vegetarian and vegan. One of the biggest perks of cruising is the food, but as a vegan I have found that to no longer be the case. It will be nice to have Jeff with me this time, as we can commiserate in the lack of options together. Also, having knowledge of what to expect has helped me prepare some snack foods to bring along just in case. I hope to try out some veg restaurants while I'm gone, and hope to post reviews here after I return.

Things have been really busy at work as I'm wildly gathering data to publish in a paper, but I've managed to find some time to can preserves and make tempeh for the first time. I hope to post about that in the near future because it was a definite success. Jeff has also invented an okara meatball recipe that is so delicious that we have tested it probably about a dozen times and yet never manage to photograph it before eating them all! The recipe is totally solid now and once I can snap some decent looking photos I'll post it here. So stay tuned for some good stuff in the near future!

1 comment:

  1. Have fun on your vacation, guys! Can't wait for the recipes you'll be sharing!

    ReplyDelete