Thursday, February 26, 2009

First Post

I want to start keeping track of the produce Jeff and I get from Boston Organics. We used to rarely eat produce, which, of course, flies in the face of conventional (but inaccurate) "vegans only eat salad" wisdom. I can also share some great recipes that I find on the Internet.

Also, maybe this blog will finally compel me to learn how to take good photos of food (eventually), although maybe I'll just ditch the blog after a few weeks like all of my other attempts at blogging. We'll see.

We got our first produce shipment on Tuesday (the 24th) and here's what we've used so far and what we have yet to consume:

Down the Hatch:
  • 2 red apples (not sure what kind) - snack
  • 1 granny smith - snack
  • 2 green pears - snack
  • bunch of 6 chives - garnish on orange tempeh, tempeh & rice, mashed potatoes
  • 1 mandarin orange - breakfast
  • 1 orange - juice & zest into orange sauce for tempeh
  • head of romaine - salad
  • bean sprouts - salad
  • broccoli - orange tempeh
Yet to Eat:
  • broccoli
  • bean sprouts
  • romaine
  • 1 grapefruit
  • 1 avocado
  • 1 granny smith
  • 1 red pear
  • 1 orange
  • 1 mandarin
  • 6 potatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment